Orange Cafe Au Lait Mix- Gift in a Jar
photo by justcallmetoni
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in food processor.
- Cover and process 5 to 10 seconds, until well mixed.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 6 months.
- For each serving, place 2 teaspoons mix in cup. Fill with 2/3 cup boiling water.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have not tasted this yet - as I made the jar up first - but if the smell is anything to go by - it is going to be GOOD! I layered mine in the jar for an attractive finish (added instructions to pulse in a mixer on opening the jar) and plan on giving it as a gift to a friend with a mug and a good book, as suggested! Made for ZWT5 and France.........merci Bren! FT:-)
Decided to make this as a gift to myself. :) Since it was a small amount I used my mini chopper to prepare this. Tried my first cup right away and decided that the mix was more cafe than au lait for my tastes. Since I'm a latte loving gal, I added a 1/4 of non-fat dry milk powder. Perfect. Loved the balance of orange and cinnamon and will be enjoying this for a while. Thanks.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> </p> 8724397"