Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The original recipe is from Cuisine at Home and calls for buttermilk. I make this using yogurt. It is delicious.
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup crouton
- In a small bowl, whisk together the grated cheese, lemon juice, yogurt, olive oil, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss romaine and croutons with 1/4 cup dressing. Any remaining dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Made half recipe, just the right size for ME! Fresh tasting dressing and topped with Recipe #301695. Served with Recipe #48399 for a well rounded summer supper. Thanks for sharing Paula. Made for When It's Hot Tag Game.
The DS and I loved this, I didn't have yoghurt so used a low fat mayo and for us it was delicious (we like tarty flavours), the DM enjoyed the dressing to soften her croutons so she could eat them (croutons were recipe #191309 by Luckeydevil), sorry it is a struggle to get the DM to eat green vegetables and especially leafy varieties, I used baby cos lettuce leafs. Thank you PaulaG for a super easy delicious salad.
Paula, this was just a bit too tart and tangy for our liking. I love using the fresh ingredients and it made a very pretty presentation. After adding a sprinkling of Splenda and mixing it into the salad, it was better. Perhaps only one tablespoon of lemon juice would work better for us. MERP'd for Potluck Tag.