Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this recipe on yahoo health. I love caeser dressing, but it is usually very high in calories and not vegetarian. This recipe is a great alternative to the real thing.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat silken tofu
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- Place garlic in a food processor and chop fine.
- Scrape down sides, add all ingredients, and process until smooth.
- (To make vegan add a parmesan substitute like soy cheese (without casein) or nutritional yeast).
I just wanted to note that Soy Cheese and Whey powder are both Dairy products. Vegans would need to Omit the Dairy all together- possibly add more miso for texture