A great appetizer and hit at may a party.
Make and share this Cabbage Stuffed Hot Banana Peppers - Canning recipe from Food.com.
- Seed and de-vein peppers.
- Mix together cabbage, salt, celery seed and black pepper.
- Stuff peppers and pack into jars.
- Mix together vinegar, water and sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over peppers.
- Wipe edges of the jars with a clean cloth, place lids and screw bands on fingertip-tight.
- Turn jars upside down for 5 minutes, then turn right-side up and allow to seal**.
- **Inversion is an heirloom method no longer recommended by the USDA/NCHFP (National Center For Home Food Preservation). To meet current guidelines, the filled jars should be processed in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes up to 1000 feet in elevation, 15 minutes from 1000 to 6000 feet, and 20 minutes at over 6000 feet.