Recipe by Sommer Clary
This recipe is a variation of one from my husband’s family. The first time I heard of “cabbage salsa”, I must admit that I thought it sounded a little strange. But I was blown away when I tried it! This is fabulous with chips, or as a condiment for tacos, etc. It's the best!
Top Review by whtbxrmom
We had half a head of cabbage left from another recipe and were looking for something different to do with it. We used fresh ingredients from the farmer's market, with exception of the wine vinegar. We both felt that this was ok, but probably not something we will be making again.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (about 1/2 of a cored head)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons minced red onions
- 2 serrano peppers, minced (seeds in for spicy, seeds removed for mild)
- 3 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, stemmed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- garlic salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste