Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice change for a side that will go with almost anything. (from Diabetic Cooking) Dietary exchange - 1 starch
- Mix in medium bowl potatoes, slaw, egg whites and pepper.
- Spray large nonstick frypan with veggie cooking spray and heat over medium high.
- Scoop and pack batter into 1/2 cup measure, gently invert cup into frypan.
- Repeat with second pancake, drizzle any juices from bowl over pancakes.
- When batter begins to sizzle, gently press down with spatula to flatten into pancakes that are 1/2 inch thick and aboout 4 inches in diameter.
- Cook until pancake browns on one side, about 5 minutes.
- Turn pancakes, cook on second side until pancake browns, 4 to 5 minutes.
- If desired, top each pancake with either 2 tablespoon applesauce or 1 tablespoon sour cream.
I made this last night to go with our pork chops. It was very good. My husband was surprised when I told him what was in it. He had a dab of sour cream on his and I had mine plain. I was wishing I had made more. We will definitely have this again and again. So easy, too. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Yum! I like my pancakes thin and crispy, so I stretched this recipe to make 6 very thin 4-inch-round pancakes. Also, I used broccoli coleslaw instead of regular, and egg substitute (Egg Starts from Costco) instead of whites, because that was what was on hand. I didn't even need applesauce or sour cream as toppings, but I'm sure the extra oil from frying made up for the calories saved. I ate this as a light lunch. Thank you for sharing!
We used shredded potatoes and served with sour cream.