Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I had this recipe clipped from TOH magazine for awhile now. It looks like it would be very tasty and a great side dish for grilled meats. I haven't tried it yet but will soon!
- 1 head cabbage (medium about 2 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons butter (or more if needed) or 4 teaspoons margarine, softened (or more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 slices bacon
- Cut cabbage into four wedges; place each on a piece of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 18 inches square).
- Spread cut sides with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Wrap a bacon strip around each wedge.
- Fold the foil around the cabbage and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 40 minutes or until cabbage is tender, turning twice.
Wow diner, what a delicious recipe. The picky dh was in heaven. He loved it. It looks burnt but wasn't. It was full of flavors, was tender and juicy. We Loved the butter, cheese and bacon additions to this dish, so yummy. It was quick and ultra easy to make. Made ours on the bbq. Can't wait to make this again. My bro is coming at the end of the month. He is going to love this. Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe my friend. Made for Culinary Quest - Southern USA for the Suitcase Gourmets.
My husband got rather excited about this grilled dish. I couldn't help but tease and goad by suggesting I loved when he talked that kind of talk. You'd be surprised what you can get out of a man when you speak his language. Made for Everyday Is a Holiday.
This is a great summertime side dish on the grill - I always love to find new recipes for grilled vegetables. My entire family enjoyed this - and cabbage is inexpensive, so that helps!