Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
We had this for our meal tonight, and both my DH and I loved it!!! It is easy, very low calorie and delicious. I found this at the Spark People Recipe of the Day site on the Internet. We are neither diabetic, but look for good low calorie, healthy recipes.
Top Review by katia
Lovely, crunchy salad! I didn't use any pepper and reducing the splenda, were the changes I made! It was the first time that I tasted ramen noodles uncooked and it was rather strange at first but the result was very tasty and added something extra in a plain cabbage salad. Made it for PAC Fall 2007. Thanks Lauralee!
Ingredients for dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
Ingredients for Salad
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, crushed, not cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Make dressing by combining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the first three salad ingredients, toss well.
- Add crushed ramen noodles and dressing to salad and toss again (I did not use the seasoning packet).
- Serve right away (preferred) or cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to blend.
- I also nearly doubled the dressing ingredients.