Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with it--I guess from my own head knowing the combination would be delicious. I combine with recipe Tartar Sauce.
- 2 cups fresh cabbage (cut in small pieces)
- 2 tilapia fillets or 2 flounder fillets or 2 catfish fillets
- 1⁄2 tablespoon of ground garlic
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (cut in small pieces)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (if desired to make spicy)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- Heat up oven to 350°F, sprinkle ground garlic on fish and place fish fillets on sheet pan (might want to put a little olive oil or spray oil so it wont stick to the pan)-Fish might take about 10-15 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, in a pan heat up the olive oil, once hot combine cabbage, green onions, jalapeño and salt on pan.
- Let the vegetables cooked, once cooked, add fish (taken out from oven) and while mixing it, smashed the fish into small pieces.
- Now the tacos can be eating, in three different ways: eat with warm corn tortilla, make your own taco shell by cooking the tortilla on hot oil, or buy taco shells already done. I prefer just to warn up the tortilla to make healthy conscious.
- Place veggie/fish mix in tortilla and top with tartar sauce.
This was very good. I am always looking for ways to cook for my hubby. I did not use the Jalapeno pepper but he likes to pour a little of the juice from canned chili peppers on his food. I also mixed a dab of miracle whip in with the cooked cabbage.