Corned Beef & Cabbage Tacos
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups masa harina flour
- 8 ounces shredded purple potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup hot water, plus more if needed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup spicy mustard
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 lb purple potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups shredded corned beef
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 2 fresno chilies, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- To make tortillas, in a large bowl combine masa, shredded potatoes, 1 tablespoon scallions and salt. Add water and use your hands to form into a dough. Add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, if dough seems to dry. Keep a damp towel over dough while you make tortillas.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Take off a golf ball-size piece of dough and roll into a ball. Place between 2 pieces of plastic or wax paper and press in a tortilla press. Remove dough from the plastic and cook in skillet until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes per side. Remove and place tortillas in a stack on a plate. Keep covered with a dry, clean towel. Repeat with remaining dough.
- In a large bowl, mix to combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, 2 tablespoons scallions, salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk to combine mustard, mayonnaise and horseradish. Pour 1/2 cup sauce over cabbage and mix to combine. Reserve remaining sauce to drizzle over tacos.
- In a medium bowl, mash to combine warm cooked purple potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- To assemble tacos, spoon purple potato mash into the center of a tortilla. Top with cabbage slaw and corned beef. Drizzle with horseradish mustard sauce and garnish with cilantro, chilis and a lime wedge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!