Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another good cabbage dish. You people probably think I have German in my blood(and you are right).
Make and share this Cabbage & Beef Sweet & Sour Style recipe from Food.com.
- In a LARGE pot over medium-high heat, brown hamburger, onions and garlic, stirring and breaking meat up till hamburger is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat and discard.
- Return pan to medium heat.
- Add tomato sauce, applesauce, brown sugar, vinegar, thyme and pepper to meat mixture in pan. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cabbage; reduce heat to simmer and simmer covered for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir occasionally, until cabbage is tender.
- If sauce is too thin, cook for a few minutes longer to reduce sauce.