Recipe by akgrown
From Real Simple magazine.
Top Review by Dorie's Lori
This was a refreshing change from my usual cole slaws, and I would definitely make it again. I really liked the apple with the cabbage! I followed it pretty much as written, although I used less dressing and since I had a tart apple, I did add a small amount of sugar to the dressing. Also, I didn't have parsley, so I added a bit of cilantro, and loved the combination! But, I already know that parsley pairs really nicely with apples, so I would like to try parsley the next time. YUM!
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large fuji apple, unpeeled, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the green and red cabbages; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo, sourcream, vinegar, celery seed, salt, and pepper. Add the apple(the apple should look almost like matchsticks).
- Pour over the cabbage and toss gently until coated. Cover and chill 1 hour or longer. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.