Recipe by Dan-Amer #1
This is another dish from LêLê, our neighborhood Vietnamese restaurant and is taken from their recently published cookbook.
FISH DIP SAUCE
- 50 ml water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped chili pepper
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
FISH WITH MANGO SAUCE (use 40 ml fish sauce)
- 4 flounder fillets
- salt & pepper
- 50 ml peanut oil
- 1 green unripe mango
- 2 granny smith apples
Directions See How It's Made
- First prepare the fish dip sauce. Bring to a boil in a saucepan the water, sugar, and vinegar then let the mixture cool down.
- Blend together the chopped garlic, chopped chili pepper, and the fish sauce, then add the lime juice.
- Combine both mixtures and blend well.
- This gives about 100 ml of the sauce which will keep for about 3 days.
- Now prepare the fish.
- Sauté the fish fillets in the peanut oil over medium-low heat, about 8-10 minutes on each side. Season with salt & pepper.
- Peel the mango and slice it up into thin slices. Dice the apples into julienne strips. Place these in a deep dish and pour the fish dip sauce over.
- Place the cooked flounder fillets on top and serve at once.