Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
The best butter cookies around, the toffee bits make them even better!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup English toffee bits
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, egg and vanilla until creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder and soda.
- Beat on low until well mixed.
- Stir in toffee bits with a spoon.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in sugar.
- Put 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten slightly with bottom af glass.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until edges are just lightly brown.
- While warm, sprinkle with more sugar.
These were very good. I thought they needed a little something extra, so I made a browned-butter glaze to drizzle on top. Yummy! Thanks for posting.
Warning: Very addicting!I've made these several times and think they're some of the best cookies ever! I do suggest letting them rest on the cookie sheet for a minute or two before removing. Thanks for sharing, MizzNezz.