Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Rich, buttery flavor crispy cookies. After chilling dough, freshly baked cookies in minutes.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- Cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Shape into two 7 in rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Unwrap and cut into slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining nuts; press gently.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.