Date and Pecan Slice (Can Be Gluten-Free)
photo by Jubes
- Ready In:
- 1 cup self-raising flour or 1 cup gluten-free blended self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup dried dates, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 20 g butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grease and line and 18x28 cm slice pan with baking paper- cover base and extend up sides of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Mix all slice base ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Press mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and cool in the pan.
- To make the icing- sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in the butter and enough lemon juice to make a smooth icing.
- Lift the cooled slice from the pan.
- Spread with the lemon icing. You can decorate top with some fine zest of lemon or finely diced pecans.
- Cut into 24 slices to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free