Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had been sent a bag of Skor chips (unavailable here) and I decided to use them up in this recipe. Delicious! The kids especially loved these little candy-like confections. Perfect for the holidays. Does not include time spent shaping confections.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups butterscotch chips
- 3 1⁄2 cups oats, toasted lightly
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted lightly
- Combine sugar, butter and milk in large saucepan; bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add chips; stir until smoothly blended; stir in oats and coconut; mix thoroughly; cool mixture 10- 15 minutes, or until cool enough to handle; lightly grease the palms of your hands and, taking rounded spoonfuls of the mixture, shape gently into balls; place on waxed paper; chill until firm; serve in truffle cups.
i made these to give away as gifts for christmas, but was pretty disappointed in how they turned out. they were dry and crumb-y, and the oats were very overpowering...not at all the kind of 'butterscotch dreams' i had hoped for. they perhaps should be called extra-sweet oat balls?
If you have a sweet tooth, you will really like these easy no-bake treats, these are very sweet so a little goes a long way. I only used about 1/3 cup coconut. Thanks Evelyn!...Kitten:)