A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. The sauce and mayonnaise are the secret ingredients of this decadent brownie
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 8x8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil; grease foil and set aside.
- Combine flour and cocoa; set aside. Melt 4 ounces dark chocolate in a large glass bowl set over simmering water. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Add mayonnaise, sugar and brown sugar; whisk to combine. Whisk in eggs one at a time just until mixed. Add vanilla and A1 original steak sauce; stir until incorporated. Add flour mixture; stir just combined. Fold in remaing dark chocolate and walnuts.
- Pour batter in prepared pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely.
- Melt butterscotch chips in a medium glass bowl set over simmering water. Remove from heat; add cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat with mixer until smooth. Spread butterscotch mixture over cooled brownie.
- Melt semiweet chocolate and shortening in microwave on high for about 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds. Drizzle over butterscotch-topped brownie. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until set. Cut into 20 bars.