- 3 cups milk, scalded
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread cubes
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Butter a 1-quart baking dish.
- Pour scalded milk in a bowl; soak bread in milk.
- Cook brown sugar with butter, stirring until melted; add to milk mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients; blend.
- Turn into a baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until set.