Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Quick Easy & Tasty-- This is really a remake of my Ginger Butternut Squash Casserole Ginger Squash Casserole but I didn't feel like mashed squash so I changed it a bit and reposted it as this recipe. We enjoyed it and I hope you do too The ginger/squash combination is a lovely flavor sensation
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (apprx 4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or less)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- salt & pepper
- Place the prepared squash in a lightly greased oven proof dish.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with ginger, brown sugar, salt & pepper.
- Cover and bake in a 350F for 45 minutes, uncover and place 8" from broiler to finish browning it for another 15 minutes or less - watch it doesn't get burnt.
Very tasty and easy Bergy. I used brown sugar twin.