Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a completely vegan recipe. It is packed with Vitamin C and is really good for you. Shove it all in one pot so not at all complicated.
- Peel the squash, sweet potato, carrots, and onion.
- Dice the above ingredients and the red pepper and parsley.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and soften all the above ingredients for a few minutes.
- Make up a pint of stock with the stock cube and pour this over the softened vegetables.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste, add more water if required.
- Put a lid on the pan and simmer until the carrots, sweet potato and squash are all completely cooked.
- Take the pan off the heat and leave to cool a bit, then liquidise the whole lot until smooth.
- Serve with nice fresh crusty bread.
This was a awesome recipe!!! I did not have the the ingredinents required however. Used yams instead of sweet potatoes. Had to use a green bell pepper vs a red one. Had to also cook it in a crock pot. Due to not having a big enough pot for it all since I doubled the recipe. I will diffinetly be making this more often. My family absolutely loved this meal! Two thumbs up here.