1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash Soup
2 hrs 25 mins
2 hrs 5 mins
I am not sure of the origin of this recipe, but I have had it for over 20 years. This is great served with a savory nut bread and a sharp cheddar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large heavy stockpot, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and rosemary and saute until the onion is soft, about five minutes.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients except for the walnuts. Decrease the heat to low, cover, and let come to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- 4Cook until squash is very soft, about two hours.
- 5Puree hot soup in a food processor, adding extra broth, if necessary.
- 6Ladle into bowls and garnish with nuts.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.1
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 795.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g