Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A fall favorite in many households. This soup is very filling and tastes delicious with a crusty sourdough roll or a croissant. I got this recipe from one of my girlfriends, and it can be tweaked a little to suit your tastes.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 quart vegetable broth (less if you want it to be thicker)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup cream (evaporated milk can be substituted)
- In a large saucepan put butter and onions.
- Soften onions, takes about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, squash, apple.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until squash and apple are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool slightly, add cream and curry powder, then blend in a blender until desired smoothness.