1 hr 5 mins
Hungry in Michigan's Note:
So sweet and delicious... it's really a casserole, but I call it dessert!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup sugar (or3-6 T honey)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk (or 1/3 C milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups squash
- 1mix with beaters, pour into greased 9x11 pan.
- 2Bake in preheated 350* oven on the middle rack for 35-40 mins.until the center is set (test with a toothpick).
- 3While this is baking, mix the topping below.
- 4Remove from oven and top with: 1/2 C crispy rice cereal, 1/4 C packed brown sugar, 1/4 chopped pecans. Mix these together, sprinkle over top, then pour 2T melted butter over top.
- 5Return to oven for 5 mins or until bubbly.
- 6This is a thin mixture and cooks quickly.
- 7You could bake it in a slightly smaller pan, just keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- 8You can cook the squash whole in the microwave to get it to the mashing consistency. Just stab it a couple of times so it won't explode and put it on a plate to microwave. Check it every 5 minutes for doneness - good idea to roll it. Gets very hot!
- 9If you have left over squash, I mash it all and measure the left overs and freeze. Then I can take out a 1 cup or 2 cup bag to make a batch when I'm in a hurry. A 1 cup batch (1/2 recipe) is a good size for two people. If you double the recipe, DON'T double the topping!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1021.3
- Calories from Fat 512
- Total Fat 56.9 g
- Saturated Fat 34.0 g
- Cholesterol 354.0 mg
- Sodium 538.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 105.1 g
- Protein 13.4 g