Recipe by Chef Kiddle
I got this from a magazine. I made it, loved it, and ate the whole pan by myself! (In 4 days. HA!) (My husband doesn't like squash.) I will definitely be making this for Thanksgiving for myself!
Top Review by Karabea
This was delicious! I made it with brown sugar instead of regular sugar, and after baking added a topping from another Butternut Squash Recipe, which was a mix of vanilla wafer crumbs, brown sugar, and butter and baked uncovered for an additional 12 minutes. This was the first time I have tried butternut squash, and I really enjoyed it. It was similar in taste to sweet potatoes with a silkier texture. Thank you for posting, this will go in my "keeper" file!
- 2 medium butternut squash, peeled, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook squash in water in covered pot. First, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Drain.
- Beat squash in bowl until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and beat well. Transfer mixture to a 1 1/2 quart baking dish that has been sprayed first with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for half an hour.