1 hr 25 mins
This is one of my favorite cakes...so moist, and has such a wonderful flavor...the brown sugar frosting just makes it that much more delicious. This is a winning cake recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups pureed winter squash
- 1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
BROWN SUGAR FROSTING
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 10" tube pan.
- 3FOR CAKE: Sift all dry ingredients.
- 4Cream butter and sugar; beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Add in the pureed squash; mix well.
- 6Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- 7Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- 8Bake for about 1 hour, or until cake tests done.
- 9Cool in pan for 45 minutes, remove to rack to finish cooling.
- 10FOR FROSTING: Bring brown sugar, butter and cream to a boil.
- 11Cook, stirring 2 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- 13Transfer to a mixing bowl; let cool to lukewarm.
- 14Beat in icing sugar until of spreading consistancy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Cake W/ Brown Sugar Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.5
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 519.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 71.8 g
- Protein 7.5 g