Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very good year in my garden for butternut squash. I've been looking for ways to use them up. I altered a sweet potato recipe and this came out delicious.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups butternut squash (cooked and mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the squash. Mix until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the middle of the cake to see if it comes out clean. If not, bake for 5 more minutes.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and let cool on rack.
I used this recipe because I made way too much butternut squash baby food (basically watered down baked squash). I was worried about the squash being too thin (having too much water) but the cake came out perfectly. Great flavor! I will definitely use this recipe again.
Superb! used the roasted butternut squash for this recipe. I would be making it again and again! Thank you for sharing this fabulous recipe!
I used Vietnamese Cinnamon in this; it was so flavorful. Yummy! I had roasted a Butternut Squash and I used the leftovers in the recipe. I will be making this again.