Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Butternut Squash & Black Bean Enchiladas
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Monterrey Jack, Mexican Blend)
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Cut squash in half. Scoop out seeds and bake at 350 until soft (about 1-1 ½ hours). Scoop out of shell and place in a bowl to cool.
- Mash squash and mix with first seven (7) ingredients. Season to taste.
- Mix marinara and salsa in a large bowl. Place 1 cup of salsa mixture in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Place squash mixture in the tortilla, top with a sprinkle of cheese and roll up. Place in 9x13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with the salsa mixture, then finish with cheese and fresh cilantro.
- Cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes until browned and bubbly.