Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
The sweetness of the squash counteracts the bitterness of the Kale. This soup is a good source of antioxidants.
- 2 -3 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 -5 leaves kale, removed from the stems and cut in strips
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 -5 cups vegetable broth or 3 -5 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper, if needed
- If desired, sautee onions undil tender and then add the rest of the ingredients except salt and pepper.
- Otherwise, just dump all ingredients except salt and pepper in a pot.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer. Let it simmer on medium-low heat about 15 minutes. It is done when squash cubes are soft but still hold their shape. If desired, add salt and/or pepper to taste.
- Note: I don't measure when I make this soup, the amounts of ingredients don't need to be exact.