Recipe by budgiesntiels
This bread is a plain quick bread that you can spread honey, jam, jelly, or make a sandwich from. It is wonderful. I use the buttermilk powder instead of liquid buttermilk and it works fine
Top Review by LindaB
Maybe it was the size pan I used (didn't have a 9X5 as suggested by earlier reviewer so used a standard loaf pan)... but inside did not set/cook even after extended bake time. Didn't really expect a cornbread-like outcome, but I think that's what I should have wound up with.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine the buttermilk, butter and egg whites, stirring with a whisk.
- Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just moist.
- Spread batter into an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.