Recipe by ~tree~
I found this recipe on bbonline.com several years ago and have been using it ever since. I double the recipe for my family and for the flour use 1 part wheat flour to 3 parts white flour. I forget to add the oil half the time and it is good either way. Make sure to add some oil if you are making waffles from this so they come out crispier on the outside.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, beat eggs, and add buttermilk and baking soda. Stir.
- Add flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir.
- Stir. Add oil. Make sure to leave a some lumps.
- Lightly grease or spray with Pam a griddle heated to 375 degrees.
- Spoon 4" circles of batter and turn when puffed up and full of little bubbles.