Recipe by cookieswap
This is great for a gift basket for the holidays or any time. Add gourmet flavored syrups, placemats, wooden spoons, and wire whisk for a complete gift. Mix makes 10 cups or 90+ pancakes
Top Review by erinchelsea
I was really impressed by this mix! I made a batch and gave part of it in a gift basket for Christmas. I kept some for myself and keep it in the freezer. It makes light, fluffy pancakes and it's so easy!
- 2 cups dry buttermilk
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water (or more as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the ingredients together well.
- Store in a container with a tight-fitting lid--------pancakes--------.
- Mix ingredients with 1 1/2 cups pancake mix until blended together.
- Let it stand five minutes.
- Cook pancakes.
- Use the mix within 6 months of when you make it.
- The pancakes made from this mix aren't as sweet as those made from Aunt Jemima mix, but they are good.
- You can always add sugar, of course.
- If you can't find buttermilk powder in your local grocery store, try a bulk food store.