DIY Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter
photo by COOKGIRl
- Ready In:
- 1 cup organic virgin coconut oil (still solid)
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E (optional-read intro)
- 3 drops , your favorite essential oils for fragrance (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the mixing bowl. Note: Do not melt the coconut oil first. It will only whip up if it is solid.
- Whip on high speed with a wire whisk for 6-7 minutes or until whipped into a light, airy consistency.
- Spoon the whipped coconut oil body butter into a glass jar and cover tightly. Store at room temperature, or in the refrigerator if your house is so warm it melts the oil.
- Note: You may notice tiny beads or "pearls" in the mixture. These will disappear almost immediately upon touching your warm skin.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I mean great in theory for a Newbie - any experienced educated DIY cosmetic creator will laugh at this and close the tab. Me being a Newbie was stoked that I had everything I needed to do this!! Yay!! Then after whipping it into this luxurious light and fluffy body butter it started to melt. I put it in the fridge, which made it so solid that it was IMPOSSIBLE to get out of the jar. I set it out on the counter to thaw and it lost its whipped look and melted back into a glob of gelatinous goo. Great smelling goo, goo I love to slather all over myself but this is a totally NON FUNCTIONAL recipe. Just letting everyone know. Check out swift craft monkeys blog about body butter to see how this really needs to be done properly. Also a great book is The Idiots Guide to Making Natural Beauty Products. BEST book I've been through, and I've been through 10