Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt, and cook until potatoes are very tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain; place in a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher, then add buttermilk and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Mash until smooth and combined.
- Per serving: 183 calories; 6.2 grams fat; 4 grams protein; 28.2 grams carbohydrates; 2.9 grams fiber.