Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from Taste of Home, and it's a delicious fried chicken recipe. Prep time excludes refrigeration time. Complete and utter comfort food...
- 1133.98-1360.77 g broiler-fryer chickens
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- cooking oil (for frying)
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- 354.88-473.18 ml water
- salt and pepper
- Place chicken in a large flat dish.
- Pour buttermilk over chicken and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a double-strength paper bag.
- Drain chicken and toss pieces one at a time in the flour mixture.
- Shake off excess and place on waxed paper for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1/8 to 1/4 inch of oil in a skillet.
- Fry chicken until browned on all sides.
- Cover and simmer, turning occasionally, for 40 to 45 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Uncover and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Drain all about 1/4 cup drippings and stir in flour until bubbly.
- Add milk and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook 1 minute more.
- Add remaining water if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chicken.
It was a hit with the WHOLE family!! I used skinless breasts and buttermilk in the gravy recipe where it calls for milk.
DELICIOUS!!! Simple and moist. This fried chicken came together so easy "and who doesn't love easy?" I didn't make the gravy because I served this with Potato Salad. This will defiantly be made again. Thank you for posting :)
Very nice and smiple meal..meat was fall off the bone awesome..thanks