Can be pair with your favorite frosting. I like to make strawberry cream cheese frosting when the strawberries are in season. These are quick and easy to make and I've made them to help the kids celebrate different things. Everything from an "A" on a test to cleaning their room without being asked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Place liners in a 12-cup muffin tin.
- 2In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 3In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until it looks creamy. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract until mixture is smooth.
- 4Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until almost combined. Add buttermilk and stir, again until almost combined. Add the rest of the flour and stir until all ingredients are mixed in and no flour remains.
- 5Fill muffin cups 2/3-3/4 full with batter.
- 6Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350F, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- 7Let cupcakes cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from the muffin pan. Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (729 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Sodium 170.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g