Recipe by **Kelly**
Can be pair with your favorite frosting. I like to make strawberry cream cheese frosting when the strawberries are in season. These are quick and easy to make and I've made them to help the kids celebrate different things. Everything from an "A" on a test to cleaning their room without being asked.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place liners in a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until it looks creamy. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract until mixture is smooth.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until almost combined. Add buttermilk and stir, again until almost combined. Add the rest of the flour and stir until all ingredients are mixed in and no flour remains.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3-3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350F, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from the muffin pan. Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.