Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from my 4-H days. I've tweaked the instructions a little, and am always pleased with the result.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the flour.
- Cut shortening into remaining flour.
- Add soda to buttermilk, and stir into flour mixture.
- Use the 1/4 cup flour you set aside to flour board or counter and knead the dough.
- When the dough is easier to work with, roll it out to about 1/2 inch thick. (Don't knead long at all, it will make the biscuits tough.).
- Cut with floured round cutter. Bake at 400 degrees F until brown - about 10-12 minutes.
- NOTE: I have made these ahead and refrigerated or frozen them.
PAC2009: Delicious - YUMMY!! I cannot believe how easy these were to make!! I can't wait to make them again!
I chose this recipe for Pick A Chef and am so glad I decided to make these! My daughter said these were the only biscuits she would eat from now on. The biscuits were super easy to make and baked up so light and fluffy. Thanks for sharing the recipe!