Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the flour.
- Cut shortening into remaining flour.
- Add soda to buttermilk, and stir into flour mixture.
- Use the 1/4 cup flour you set aside to flour board or counter and knead the dough.
- When the dough is easier to work with, roll it out to about 1/2 inch thick. (Don't knead long at all, it will make the biscuits tough.).
- Cut with floured round cutter. Bake at 400 degrees F until brown - about 10-12 minutes.
- NOTE: I have made these ahead and refrigerated or frozen them.