Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Another menus4moms.com recipe that sounds so wonderful for special occasions! (Note: 12 hours marinating)
- 3 lbs lean eye of round roast, butterflied
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the roast down the middle, open it, and lay it flat in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients and pour the mixture over the roast.
- Cover and let the meat marinate for at least 12 hours. Turn the roast occasionally.
- Remove the roast from the marinade, discard the marinade, and place the roast on a rack in the broiler pan.
- Broil the roast 5 to 7 inches from the heat, turning occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil, and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
- Transfer to a serving platter, spoon any juices over the top, and serve.