Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is one of my favorite cookies that my mom makes. I like to ad a bit of chopped nuts and extra butterfinger candy bars sometimes (about 3/4 more of a cup). :) Not sure where she got it from, but it's been in her recipe box for about 6 years.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped Butterfinger bar, candy bars. (Can add more if you like..I usually buy the fun size bars - 3 packages of 8 small bars- and use all )
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg & vanilla; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in Butterfinger pieces. Drop by slightly rounded tablespoon onto lightly greased baking sheets (I use a tiny amount of Pam cooking spray).
- BAKE for 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. For more chewy cookies bake for about 9 minutes- once cooled store in container with half a slice of white bread and they should stay moist and chewy. For crisper cookies, bake closer to the 12 minute marker and let cool.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
I printed a copy of this on 9/16/08 to put into a folder of cookies to bake this year. Something didn't look right when I was making the dough this morning. I came back to the site to if others had any input - none at this time. Then I looked at the recipe and it had been updated. I hopefully have been able to salvage what I had. Recipe submitters - please ensure your ingredients are accurate the upon submission. Times are tight right now and many of us cannot afford to have to throw something out.