Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a great dessert that gets better after being refrigerated for 24 hours.
- 1 prebaked angel food cake, cubed
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- 1 pint heavy cream, whipped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Line bottom of a 9x13 pan with half of the cubed angel food cake.
- Beat egg yolks and add powdered sugar, vanilla, and butter.
- Beat whipping cream; add to egg yolk mixture.
- Pour half of whipping cream mixture over cake pieces.
- Cover with half of crushed Butterfingers.
- Layer remaining cake pieces over first layer.
- Pour remaining cream mixture over second cake layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining crushed Butterfingers.
- Refrigerate overnight, or for up to 24 hours.