1/2 Photos of Buttered and Herbed New Potatoes
This is a wonderful recipe that I got years ago from Graham Kerr, aka The Galloping Gourmet. I love that he always warmed a dish at the beginning to put the end product in. This is the recipe I first bought my heat deflector for. I also love his methods for cooking things -- such as to cover this with a cloth. The addition of mint makes this special. I hope you enjoy it -- we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a pot of water on to boil.
- 2Heat a vegetable dish.
- 3Pop the potatoes into the boiling water with a pinch of crystallized salt (the parsley stalk and mint stalk can be added).
- 4Cover with a tightly fitting lid.
- 5Boil for 20 minutes on high heat.
- 6Drain and submerge in cold running water.
- 7Put them between your hands and the skin will come away easily.
- 8Melt butter in the bottom of a pan.
- 9Place potatoes in the pan, roll to coat with butter, and cover with a clean cloth.
- 10Place over the lowest heat, using a heat pad to deflect direct contact, until potatoes are ready to serve.
- 11Wash the mint and parsley and chop (Can be done earlier unless you wish to boil the stalks with the potatoes).
- 12Remove the cloth and dust with the chopped mint and parsley.
- 13Place in the vegetable dish and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttered and Herbed New Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.0
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 135.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: