Recipe by Annacia
A shot of frosting? Wait till the girls all hear about this!! They are served in the small paper candy cups, shot glass or similar. Serving size is based on small paper candy cups. The given time is a complete guesstimate as I haven't made this. This is supposed to make 20 but I have my doubts about that.
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
Very good buttercream and easy to make! I've been afraid to tackle French buttercream because I've heard alot of horror stories about how hard it is to make it come out right. When I saw this recipe using just a small amount of ingredients, I knew I had to try it. It was as easy as pie and it came out smooth, creamy and rich. It is the perfect creamy, dreamy texture. I added 2 tsp of blueberry powder flavoring which also gives a pretty blue tint in addition to the flavor. It makes about a 1 1/2 cups of buttercream, believe it or not. I used tiny cordial glasses of about 1 1/2 oz each and got 6 shots. If you were using the little tiny paper cups, you would get at least 12- maybe more. Thanks, Annacia!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened (add pinch of salt if using unsalted butter)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk egg whites and sugar [and salt if using unsalted butter] together in a big metal bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Whisk frequently until you can’t feel the sugar granules when you rub the mixture between your fingers.
- Transfer mixture into the mixer and whip until it turns white and about doubles in size (here’s a tip: when you transfer to the mixer, make sure you wipe the condensation off the bottom of the bowl that was over the water so that no water gets into the egg whites. This can keep them from whipping up properly.).
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Finally, add the butter a pat at a time and whip the daylights out of it.
- Transfer frosting to cake decorating piping bag, pipe individual shots into paper candy cups, shot glass or similar. Serving size is based on small paper candy cups.