Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from The Silver Palate Cookbook by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins. These are incredible...have eaten these at Julee Rosso's wonderful Wickwood Inn B&B in Saugatuk, MI, where the food alone is worth a stay in the charming inn. These are always on our cookie tray at the holidays.
- 8 tablespoons sweet butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shelled pecans, chopped moderately fine
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease one or two cookie sheets.
- Cream butter. Beat in honey; gradually mix in flour and salt, then vanilla. Add pecans. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Form balls by hand, the size of quarters. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; as soon as cool enough to touch, roll in confectioner's sugar. Allow to cool and roll again in sugar.
These were not overly -sweet, but absolutely delicious. I'll definitely be making these again!