- 1 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- red food coloring
- green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter; Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and almond extract. Blend in flour.
- Divide dough into thirds.
- Add a few drops red food coloring to 1/3, green coloring to 1/3 and leave 1/3 plain.
- Fill cookie press with each color or combine colors for a rainbow effect. Form into desired shapes and decorate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
- Makes about 4 dozen.