Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple basic cookie that most everyone loves. I love pecans so this is right up my alley.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder and pecans.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Chill dough 1 hour.
- Roll out 1/8 inch thick and cut with any size cutter.
- Bake at 400 for 8 minutes or until nice and light brown.
I doubled the batch, and made bigger cookies to use to make ice cream sandwiches. Put Vanilla ice cream between 2 cookies and then rolled in crushed pecans. We were having a great time eating these yummy treats! Thanks so much for sharing Mommy!
Simply delicious! Crisp little cookies that melt in your mouth with a buttery pecan goodness! I used a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter and easily got 4 dozen cookies! Thanks for sharing this recipe, we love it! :)
I actually made these last night and my whole family just loved them. I will make these again!