Prep 7 mins
Cook 55 mins
Very Moist, tastes a little like Carrot Cake, but much easier to make.
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter pecan cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut pecan frosting
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Mix cake mix, oil, water and eggs. Beat for 2 minutes. Add frosting and mix well.
- Spray bunt pan with pam. Mix in small bowl 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans.
- Put sugar and nut mixture in bottom of bunt pan -- pour cake mix in pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes. Cool before taking out of pan.
I haven't made this cake myself yet; but this is the recipe my mom had for pecan cake. I just found it tucked into one of her cookbooks. It's a really good cake; and this recipe appears to be the only one here that includes the glaze, which is one of the best parts of the cake. I will definitely be making this sometime, perhaps for my own birthday in November since she's not here to make it for me any more. Thank you!