Recipe by cook334446
Butter Naan is the bread we find in all Indian Restaurants. This recipe is to make it without tandoor. Recipe source is JayPuri.blogspot.com
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg (You can skip this, if you don't eat eggs)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- lukewarm water, to knead the dough
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Take a bowl; add all ingredients except oil and butter.
- 2. Use lukewarm water to knead and make soft dough.
- 3. Apply 1 Tbsp of oil on dough. Cover it with wet towel and keep it in warm place for two hours.
- 4. Divide the dough in eight equal size balls. Apply remaining oil to these dough balls.
- 5. Press the dough from sides to expand the dough. Leave the dough a little thicker in center.
- 6. Roll the dough with help of rolling pin. Use some dry flour if your dough is sticking.
- 7. Take the dough in your hand. Pat to stretch the dough and give it round shape. (just like pizza dough).
- 8. Preheat oven at 450 F in Broil mode.
- 9. Take a non stick Baking tray. Put it on first rack of oven and heat it up for 3 minutes.
- 10. Take the tray out (when it is hot) place the dough and pull it from one side to give it triangle shape.
- 11. You can apply few drops of water on top of naan dough. (Optional).
- 12. Place the tray on first rack of oven. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- 13. Flip them and cook the bottom side for 1 minute.
- 14. With Help of knife, check to make sure the naan is fully cooked. If not, then put it back for 30 – 60 seconds.
- 15. Take your naan out, apply some butter.
- Serve hot with any main course dish.
- Note: Cook Naan on upper rack of oven for 3-4 minutes (Total). They will turn out really soft. Naan will get harder if you cook them for longer.