Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups softened butter or 2 cups margarine
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup water
- 1 package vanilla frosting
- 1 package butter mint decorative candies
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- 2 packages cream cheese
- 1 package food coloring
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mint extract
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine first four ingredients; mix at medium speed.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and butter.
- Manually beat until fluffy.
- Pour sour cream mixture into batter, and then beat at low speed until fluffy.
- Add milk (or water) and beat mixture at high until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter in two 8" or 9" baking pans.
- Bake for at least 45-60 minutes.
- When done, cool cake for 25 minutes at room temperature.
- Set cake aside for frosting and decoration.
- Frosting: In a blender, crush butter mint candies until they are of a powdery consistency.
- Then add the frosting.
- Blend at high speed until frosting is creamy.
- Then pour frosting into a medium sized pour and frost cake.
- After frosting, refrigerate cake.
- Icing: In a large bowl, mix ingredients, except for the food color at high speed until icing is fluffy.
- Use as much and whatever food coloring is desired for decoration.
- Use molds or icing bags to decorate cake.
- Refrigerate cake.