Recipe by Annisette
Great flavor and crunchy texture! Time is approximate and doesn't include cooling and setting times.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, broken pieces
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Remove from heat and add sugar, stirring until well-blended.
- Return to low heat and stir rapidly until the mixture reaches a full rolling boil. Add water and corn syrup. Mix well.
- Stir and cook over low heat to the soft crack stage (290F degrees).
- Remove from heat and add 3/4 cup nuts at once.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and quickly spread with a spatula.
- When cool, remove from the pan and place on waxed paper.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the top. Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts.
- Allow the chocolate to set before breaking into serving-size pieces.